Sunday, March 4, 2012

rooms in white

Here are some wonderful images from the book The Relaxed Home by Atlanta Bartlett. I just love the look of these rooms.




Although my home doesn't reflect this right now, I love white. I first fell in love with it during a Christmas Tour of Homes. We walked into a typical 1980's suburban tract home and it was like stepping through a portal into the past. The owner had removed all the kitchen cabinets and appliances and replaced them with vintage models. The carpet had been replaced with hardwood. And the master bedroom was amazing. The owner had put a creaky screen door on the the master bathroom door. It sounded just like the screen door in the Waltons. Everything was white and very old. It was the most calm and peaceful house.


Even better are the little splashes of color against the white backdrop. Just a little touch is enough.







After seeing this photo I made a similar grouping of antique suitcases in my living room. I topped them with old books and used vintage irons as bookends.



This white floor is amazing!




1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I love white floors!!
    About my laundry soap - we don't have the smell issues as much with the powdered as we did with the liquid. i won't do the liquid anymore becasue of that. the addition of the tide completely took the smell issue away! For whites I occasionally ad a tbls or so of oxyclean just for some additonal freshness. works for us! i also think different water makes a difference with any soap and how well it works. that may be why it works for some and not for others maybe??
    Fun that you are in ohio too! ready for spring yet? I sure am!!

    ReplyDelete